Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Lake Jindabyne - Hatchery Bay 7/6/08



Met up with the Canberra / South Coast AKFF members for a fish from the bank ( Powerbait ) and an early dawn raid from the kayak. Friday night saw bugger all activity apart from a decent Rainbow I caught on Lime Twist Powerbait. A few hours earlier though my friend Craig and his brother caught two huge Brook Trout and a nice Rainbow ( Also on Powerbait ).

This was a great trip but I was too busy putting all my time and effort into fishing I forgot to take the usual lump of photos ( Including a massive Brown Trout caught by Squidder ), still managed the token few though. It is a real pity I couldnt snare any of those Brook Trout from the yak, would make for an almost impossible feat to beat them out of the AKFF HOF and top a new personal best.

Quite a rare catch ( Even though heaps were released recently ) and even rarer in that condition, wish I stayed longer as I am sure the point Jason and I fished with Powerbait would have fired up. I wonder if anyone dared venture over there or did you all snuggle round the fire as the temperature dropped?

After numerous trips to Jindabyne, shore based or yak ( The real reason for the lack of reports ) with plenty of dropped fish trolling I was pretty happy to snare two on the troll, it has been a long time coming in between dropping fish. Stalking Trout in highland / alpine / manaro streams is an adventure in itself but landing an XOS specimen Brown Trout from the kayak is my number one goal this year.

I guess my facination with Trout has only just begun...