Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

South Coast - Depot Beach 12/7/08



My day consisted of trolling, trolling and more bloody trolling ( This is how I hooked up last time ). The location where I caught the previous beast was not only the location I lost a big fish last trip, it was also the location of my only fish for the day. Trolling back and forth produced a nice hookup, very similar traits / fight of the big ones but without the supreme power.

Snapper went 47cm on the brag mat and was very welcome in my hatch. It was dissapointing that this was my only fish caught but also no others landed any ( Apart from Itchyant's 76cm Snapper ). My sounder showed some promising returns in the location but we failed to entice them. The same Smilin' Jacks lure did the damage for me, not a bad capture ratio from Big W.

Conditions turned ideal for awhile but slowly changed from onshore to offshore. Winds picked up and created confusing conditions while my Quest no longer remained a dry ride. We all called it quits and negotiated the sand monster ( Red's channel was high enough to use ).

The others went to Bumbo for a fish but I headed home for a well deserved rest.

Boys and girls, the Snapper are still there...