Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

NSW - SOUTH COAST WEEKEND 10/11/09



Squidette and I booked accommodation for Saturday night in Bateman’s Bay, so had two wonderful South Coast days to look forward to. Unfortunately it was a touch on the windy side, but we still got some good paddling in, got our first touch of sun of the season, Michelle caught her first few South Coast fish, and we brought home a feed, so despite the weather the weekend was full of win. Saturday saw us venture to Spot X.1 on The Clyde, where Craig450 was already there, having launched an hour or so before us.

Craig had caught a couple of bream on hard bodies but rated the action as pretty quiet. We started plugging away diligently with plastics, but the only action on offer was in my guts, as the gigantic steak (plus Paddy’s cauliflower) that I consumed at the AKFF gathering the night before made its presence known. All of a sudden I felt like I was the star of my favorite TV show ‘Seconds from Disaster’ ……… doubled over and sweating, I made a beeline for the nearest bankside vegetation, and emerged 10 minutes later feeling like a new man . The incident seemed to improve my mojo as well, as I caught my first bream, a nice fish of about 28cm, soon after.

Craig caught a lovely garfish on a surface lure, which he sheepishly presented for a photograph (see above). Craig kindly donated his garfish for Michelle to use as bait – I rigged her up a float rig, and using pieces of garfish flesh as bait, she soon caught a couple of cannibals. I had a bit of a splurge on some new lures that I wanted but didn’t really need last week, and on its fifth cast I managed to catch an almost-legal bream on my new ‘Super Sledge’ suspending minnow which I can’t wait to use up at Narrabeen next month.

Day 2 saw us rise to a breakfast of champions (bacon and eggs), and then seek out a land based spot, as the wind wasn’t playing fair…….some Craig450 wisdom saw us on our way to the Moruya River, where suicidal poddy mullet provided hours of fun, and eventually a ripper tailor on the last cast of the day. Highlight for me was spotting a school of small trevally from the bank, then sight casting a plastic to the school, and watching them fight each other for it.