Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Monday, August 31, 2009

YAKABOUT.COM.AU (THANKS FROM KFA)



Recently, KFA headquarters was broken into and a lot of important equipment related to our pursuits was stolen. To say myself and my friends were gutted is an understatement. What really hurt more than knowing someone had been in your private and personal space was the fact I lost most of my archival tools, my off-road GPS, all of my cameras and my business laptop. Sure, loads of other important things went missing but my creative side that makes me the person I am today was completely crushed and missing. Still trying to dust myself off and also still finding things missing, even over two weeks later.

The support from friends and acquaintances has been outstanding; I truly feel the love more than ever in Kayak Fishing and friendship circles. From support from my sponsors, Faraz @ Ugly Fish and Steve @ Hobie Australia down to people I have met once or twice, their good vibes really helped. AKFF members posted lovely supportive comments and in some cases replacement products (Or offers of loans) to my door (Thanks Skorgard, Blueyak, Feel the Sting and others). Claire and I were blown away with your support; it’s kept me smiling through this world of pain.

One touching gesture stood out from the rest, one by fellow Hobie Fishing Team member (Factory) Josh Holmes. Many of you will know Josh from his website
http://www.yakabout.com.au and his approach to Kayak Fishing and reporting his adventures. For many years Josh and I owned the same model camera, a Canon G7 but recently Josh has seriously upgraded his arsenal to include HD Video capture and Digital SLR stills. My G7 was stolen with the rest of the loot and left a huge void in my life, Josh offered to sell me his now unused G7 to me at a highly, highly discounted rate. It arrived today; I skipped round the shop like a kid in a candy store.

I have learned to use this model camera flawlessly over the years and even though it lacks RAW mode, its predecessors (G9, G10, and G11) all seemed unworthy of a very expensive upgrade. All the underwater accessories remain from my previous camera so the obsolete ruling is out, at last I feel like I can move on. If you are reading this Josh I really do appreciate the thought, knowing full well it would bring a smile to my face. Not only have you saved me a lot of money but you have enabled me to be able to follow in your footsteps, I hope to also be shooting HD video very, very shortly.

Kayak Fishing Adventures is an expanded effort on my initial blog, mimicking in ways the success of my peer’s effort to portray this hybrid sport in a positive light. While united somewhat through company sponsorship this bond of passion and representation blows boundaries far away, Kayak Fishing Adventures is proud to be a supporter of
http://www.yakabout.com.au and endeavour to follow up with an interview of the man responsible and a proper website showcase showing just what effort gets put in to the number one (Non forum) Kayak Fishing website in Australia… Yakabout.

Thanks from all at KFA for helping us find our feet again!