Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

ACT - BRINDABELLA RANGES 9/12/09 (O.T)



I feel like a new man, I have kicked the emo...

This is 'Big Willie', my MY03 Subaru Forester X 2.5 Mod (My pride and joy). I have emptied my wallet into many features and am enjoying our Bromance. I had been itching to get him mega dirty and get some photos but decided to do some video too. Due to dust I left it in its waterproof housing most of the time and as you will see I am glad I did. What to do on your day off, go for a drive and remember my old stomping grounds. This time no GPS to use (Stolen) but topo maps and brain skills got me through mostlt familiar terrain (I say mostly, couldnt film the scary bits by myself).

Found some lovely tracks and some insane ones, tried some of the latter and failed a few. The Uriarra section has been 'Gated' and blocked off most of the fun sections I remember so headed up East West rd to the top of the ranges. Mt Corree is still closed for vehicle acess due to road conditions, Two Sticks rd does traverse some interesting areas though (Including the Powerline trail). After crashing my car into a tree a few weeks ago (Contributing to past emo Derek) it was good to get some confidence back offroad, this is the ultimate fire trail Forester and makes me happy and smile.

Be good to get a few mates up here for a day or two (In real 4WD's to keep me in check), plus its on the way down into the valley to Goodradigbee river and Trout city. Season open is only weeks away and my fly rod is busting for a lash, must get those casting skills in check very shortly (Practice makes perfect).

Enjoy the video (Had a blast making it)