Widget By Devils Workshop

WELCOME TO KAYAK FISHING ADVENTURES :

This website was created to house internal and external drafts containing reports associated with the art of angling and our Kayak Fishing Adventures. Based in and around cities and locations throughout Australia, these tales of experience, knowledge and info are for all to enjoy and all content, text and images contained herein are deemed strictly copyright ( (C) 2006 - 2012, all rights reserved ).

For more information, please read our websites Terms of use.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

AKFF.NET (THANKS FROM KFA)



I just wanted to share with you all my new found happiness and recent sheer surprise, governed by the general populous at AKFF and a select, very generous few. Recently my house got broken into and Claire and I were left devastated, our lives were violated and are free giving spirit crushed. Between us we felt demoralised, withdrawn, alone and blanketed in our own sorrow… We were well and truly lost.

I bottled my frustration and only unscrewed the cap a week or two ago, repairing the situation involved sharing and spewing my thoughts and frustrations to all. It worked but also had a strangely bizarre effect on our relationship, which also seemed to repair itself. We were not alone, many offers of assistance were fielded from around the globe and each and every one of them touched our hearts… How lucky we must be.

I spent days and nights trying to figure out why we deserved them and also why so many people actually gave a damn. For me it came down to really one thing, community. We have both met so many wonderful people through AKFF and genuinely enjoyed the experience over and over again. Some of you are amongst my best friends; others would be if distance and location wasn’t so separating.

Last Friday night I received a surprise visit by Patwah, Fishwhisperer, Craig450 and Squidder. Claire was on a trip to Melbourne so I was fending for myself, trying to keep my mind free of the culmination of negativity over the past few months. They brought beer, laughs and companionship. Not only that but they blew my mind, I was presented with a card and an AKFF gift voucher for replacement goods worth $1000.

At first I missed the last zero, and then I struggled for words (Even before the zero incident). Tears welled but this time I would not fail, I have cried far too many times this year. I now know the meaning of Awesomeness, that feeling when you realise people care beyond a pat on the back. I am sure I repeated our complete gratitude over and over again (Without Claire), but just in case I didn’t I wish to elaborate further.

I don’t know what to say except thankyou, thankyou everyone. This time I can address the forum as a whole and truly thank the 20+ thoughtful individuals for their goodwill, gestures and kindly gifts. You have brought both Claire and I back from personal disaster and set our relationship back on its well worn path. Claire’s voice over the phone when relayed the significant news was sheer, eloquent pandemonium.

It is true I lost some fishing gear but it was a very small amount compared to the other stock missing. Rest assured that this thoughtful offering has been accepted with both Claire’s and my best wishes, it will not be used to fuel my past tackle buff desires. We are not sure where it will be allocated to but a small slip in asset management has left us without a business laptop. We shall see in time how this insurance claim settles.

In closing I would particularly like to thank Justcrusin, Revo, Dunebuggy, Grinner, DaveyG, Rstanek, Redphoenix, Leftiant, Patwah, Pescado, Bazzoo, Scleburne, Koich, Craig450, Fishwhisperer, Squidder, Squidette, Skorgard and the AKFF forum and its members in general. There are many others I wish to thank for other contributions to the ‘Cheer up emo kid’ fund, these are listed for all to see and tokens detailed below:

Josh/Yakass - Replacement Canon G7 camera and 2GB SD card (Thankyou).
James/Feel the sting – Replacement Ugly Fish Tornado Sunglasses (Thankyou).
Paul/Skorgard – Personal cheque made out for $100 (Thankyou)
Stu/Blueyak – Donation of two special surface lures (Thankyou)
Faraz/Ugly Fish Eyewear – Support and replacement items (Thankyou).
Craig/Craig450 – Replacement reel, Daiwa Caldia Kix 2000 (Thankyou)
David/Kas – Offer of personal assistance, ABU 5600 reel (Thankyou).
Barry/Bazzoo – Offers of personal support and understanding (Thankyou).
Steve Fields/Hobie – Offers of personal support and assistance (Thankyou).
Patrick/Yankatthebay – Offers of personal assistance, Monitor (Thankyou).
AKFF mods and members – Support, understanding and counselling (Thankyou).

Hoping we didn’t leave anyone out, every offer has touched us in many different ways. Words struggle to reflect justice worthy of a sticked thread, so I will end this on a broader positive for all to reflect on. Just when you think your all alone, it’s the minority of people in your life who come to the rescue (Quickly become the majority). The solid backbone of my life which I am proud to call my second home…

The Australian Kayak Fishing Forum.

Yours with love,

Derek Steele & Claire Stunden